I'm an associate professor at Graz University of Technology and research area manager at the Know-Center.
Research - Teaching - CV - Contact
- Introduction to Data Science and AI: Summer term 2022
- Designing Interactive Systems: Summer term 20222
- Legal Labs 1
If you are interested in doing a bachelor thesis, master project, or master thesis with me, please contact me.
The topics are along my research interests. I always try to align the thesis topic with my own research interests, the student interests, and ongoing projects.
Hence, it is necessary to have a personal conversation before you start doing a thesis with me.
- Leonie Disch. Designing for knowledge construction in open science.
- Behzad Mirzababaei: Contextualised learning about AI.
- Milan Latinovic - AI and Data Analytics in Software Engineering Work.
- Irmtraud Wolfbauer - Digitalising vocational training; self-identity of apprentices, and reflection guidance to support knowledge transfer from training to work practice.
- Michael Fruhwirth - Designing for Data-Driven Business Model Innovation in the Automative Industry
- Markus Stradner. Matching user responses to learning goals in a conversational agent for apprentices.
- Ilja Simic. Reflective or Directive: Supporting critical reception of controversial news
- Nikita Lvov. Forest representations of shared knowledge bases
- Carla Barreiros, 2020. A Nature-Inspired Tree Visual Language to Achieve a Positive Human Interaction in the Internet of Things Paradigm (co-supervision with Eduardo Veas)
- Angela Fessl, 2017. In-App Reflection Guidance for Workplace Learning (short version published in IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies)
- Amel Hamidovic, 2021. Reflection analytics for conversational agents in apprenticeship training
- Patrick Steyer, 2020. Rebo - A feasibility study on moving from a static dialogue structure for reflection for apprentices to a conversational agent
- Andreas Wös - Chatbot-based reflection prompts and actiivty log data for time management
- Armin Köfler, 2017 - Verbesserung des Lagebewusstseins und der Maßnahmenergreifung bei der Sicherung von Grossveranstaltungen (Extended abstract at i-Know 2017 Workshop on Data-Driven Decision Support in Digitized Work Environments, journal paper accepted at deGruyter information technology)
- Sabine Lukas, 2017 - Prozessoptimierung auf Basis eines Multi-Level Management Systems für Waldbrandszenarien (Paper at i-Know 2017 Workshop on Data-Driven Decision Support in Digitized Work Environments)
- Dominik Widnig, 2017 - Geo Heroes - a location based mixed reality game (Youtube Video of the game)
- Andreas Müller, 2017 - Learning in online communities in the case of StarCraft
- Christofer Öjeling, 2016 - Physical Sokoban. An augmented reality game. A paper was presented at ISMAR. The thesis was supervised by myself at the Know-Center, while the thesis was formally supervised at Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg, examined by Graham Kemo and supervised by K.V.S. Prasad.
- Markus Perndorfer, 2015 - Detecting social interactions via mobile sensing [pdf in TUGOnline]. Download the (anonymised) mobile phone sensing data that Markus collected as part of his master thesis [dataset].
- Martin Daum, 2015 - Locating lost items using pedestrian dead reckoning on smartphones [pdf in TUGOnline].
- Alfred Wertner, 2014 - Stress Prediction for Knowledge Workers based on PC Activity and Noise Level
Selected bachelor theses
In the past, I held the following lectures:
- Introduction to Computational Social Systems - taught module on socio-technical design.
- Designing Interactive Systems: Summer terms 2018, 2019, 2020; winter term 2021/22 - shortlisted for the excellent teaching award at TU Graz in 2018 and 2020
- Introduction to Data Science and Artificial Intelligence: Summer term 2020
- Introduction to Knowledge Technologies: Summer terms 2018, 2019
- Sensors and User Models: 2015, 2016
- Semantic Technologies, TU Graz, winter terms 2012/2013, 2013/2014 - together with Wolfgang Kienreich.