I'm an associate professor at Graz University of Technology and research area manager at the Know-Center.
Research - Teaching - CV - Contact
Working, Learning, and Technology
My research sits at the intersection of technology-enhanced learning and learning sciences, human-computer interaction, and information systems research.
My research is on designing technologies for knowledge construction and learning. My perspective is that technologies don't work on their own. Rather, the whole socio-technical system in which they are placed needs to work in harmony for knowledge construction and learning to happen. Subsequently, I understand my work as designing socio-technical interventions.
My technology focus is on data analytics and AI-enabled technologies. I use methods from user-centered and contextual design; and carry out experimental studies, design studies and field studies. Analysis methods are qualitative, quantiative, and data analytics based when log data are available and meaningful.
Current Research Streams:
- Digital transformation at the intersection of working and learning: (Dennerlein et al., 2020; Littlejohn & Pammer-Schindler, to appear; Pammer-Schindler et al., 2020; Thalmann et al., 2020) with a focus on guidance for knowledge construction and decision making in the face of increasing data analytics possibilities due to the ongoing digital transformation (Fruhwirth et al., 2019; Fruhwirth et al., 2020; Kaiser et al. 2020; Köfler et al., 2018)
- Technology-enhanced workplace learning: Littlejohn & Pammer-Schindler, to appear; Fessl et al, 2017; Fessl et al., 2014; Pammer et al., 2015; Pammer et al., 2017; Renner et al., 2019; Rivera-Pelayo et al, 2017
- Adaptive reflection guidance and learning analytics: Cicchinelli et al., 2018; Fessl et al., 2017; Fessl et al., 2019; Fjadlevic et al., 2020; Pammer et al., 2015; Pammer et al., 2017; Renner et al., 2019; Rivera-Pelayo et al., 2017
- Conversational agents for reflection on knowledge, behavior and values. First results: Wolfbauer et al., 2020
- Viktoria Pammer-Schindler & Carolyn Rosé (2021). Data-Related Ethics Issues in Technologies for Informal Professional Learning. International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education. Q1 / IF=4.08 DOI:https://doi.org/10.1007/s40593-021-00259-x
- Angela Fessl, Viktoria Pammer-Schindler, Kai Pata, Sandra Feyertag, Matti Möttus, Jörgen Janus & Tobias Ley (2020). A Cooperative Design Method for SMEs to Adopt New Technologies for Knowledge Management: A Multiple Case Study. Journal of Universal Computer Science, Vol. 26/9. IF=0.91 http://www.jucs.org/jucs_26_9/a_cooperative_design_method
- Carla Barreiros, Viktoria Pammer-Schindler & Eduardo Veas. Planting the Seed of Positive Human-IoT Interaction. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Taylor & Francis, 2019, IF=1.354
- Angela Fessl, Gudrun Wesiak, Veronica Rivera-Pelayo, Sandra Feyertag, Viktoria Pammer. In-app Reflection Guidance: Lessons Learned across Four Field Trials at the Workplace. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, Vol 10/4, pp 488-501, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TLT.2017.2708097 IF=2,267
- Veronica Rivera-Pelayo, Angela Fessl, Lars Müller, Viktoria Pammer. Introducing Mood Self-Tracking at Work: Empirical Insights from Call Centers. ACM Trans. Comput.-Hum. Interact., ACM, 2017, 24, 3:1-3:28. IF=1.293 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3014058
- Viktoria Pammer, Birgit Krogstie, Michael Prilla. Let's Talk About Reflection at Work. International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning, Vol 9, No 2/3, 2017. https://graz.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/lets-talk-about-reflection-at-work
Full list of Publications
See also my research profiles at Google Scholar, at ResearchGate, and my OrcID.
List of Invited Talks
Short CV from September 2020.
- TUGraz Online card - my official contact site at Graz University of Technology
- Twitter - regular activity
- Website - overview of my research and teaching activities, CV, list of publications